"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mother's against GMO's give Cheerios Facebook a piece of their minds!

 Screen capture taken from cheeseslave.com

Cheerios, and pretty much every other American cereal company, is using GMO grains in their products.   Europe and other countries, especially Asia, banned GMO's.

Recently Cheerios developed a Facebook ap to let consumers give them compliments on what Cheerio's has meant to them. 

Instead of kudos, they received mostly Facebook messages like this one from a mother:
"I used to feed Cheerios to my first child all the time. Now that I am better educated on GMOs, I am DISGUSTED at the fact that I was naive enough to believe that at the time I was actually feeding her something healthy. I know much better now, and will never again let another Cheerios pass my children’s lips until they are GMO-free." 
It's times like this that I love Facebook.

Hat Tip:  Mature Mother Network



No comments: